Prisoners of Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The More You Know...

3 posters

Go down

The More You Know... Empty The More You Know...

Post  Jobu Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:54 am

Ok, I just wanted to get the ground work laid out for me, so I get how this Prisoner-type is exactly supposed to be taken.

So, is this kind of a storlyline/reality concept wrestling program/federation? As in... ok, picture Austin's Condemned movie meets Prison Break (tv series)? A prison of characters, some real actual criminals, some people taken prisoner and tossed in the prison for the sole purpose of the entertainment value and wrestling shows that it will produce? Guards, a warden/slash GM type character, typical prison functions, etc? Are we most likely located outside the USA (seems like it would have to be, if this is somewhat reality based)? Are we able to have ANY contact with the outside world at all, but it's just a given we don't truly know where we're located at, so we can't give our position away to 'escape'?

If so, I kind of get that and could roll with that, no problem. But I want to know all the variables and rules, so I don't make an ass out of myself in any RP scenario, heh.

I await the details before I continue.

P.S. I hope I didn't miss this kind of explanation somewhere on the forum sbefore I posted here! lol.

- Jobu
Jobu
Jobu

http://legacy-game.net

Back to top Go down

The More You Know... Empty Re: The More You Know...

Post  Tremere Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:25 am

First the only stupid question is the one that isn't asked, if I didn't explain myself well (So that each of you understand) then please go ahead and ask questions, if for some reason you feel embaressed because you think you might be the only one pm me.

That said on subject I haven't set an official location. Considering that this place is only going to have 50 men in it at any given time I think it's going to be inside the US, just an undisclosed location.

Your exactly right about how the prisoners are gathered with a mixture of Prison Break and the Condemned. Some were just picked up off the streets because they were observed as great fighters.

You don't know where you are located.

There are normal prison functions, a yard, a cafeteria. For the most part you guys are only locked in at night. There are enough guards to prevent most random fights. I can't have you guys killing each other before the main event can I?

Tremere
Admin

https://prisonersofwrestling.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jobu Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:41 am

So this is something straight out of a movie script, maybe in an old unused prison or penetentary, that got tricked out with some more advanced security measures (high tech surveilance, cameras, alarms, possibly an internal tracking system with gps locators imbedded in our systems).

The main concept being performing well for better treatment, perks while inside, leading to possible release for putting on a good fight, and good show, with minimal resistance. This can lead to small factions of characters/players working with the system, liking it, not wanting to leave. While others seek a chance to try to escape and go against the system. Lastly those who are out for themselves, seeking to be granted their release at the expense of anyone who gets in their way, etc.

I'd suspect there is virtually no chance of contact with the outside world, and all precautions are taken to prevent it at all costs. The whole effort I'd expect to be funded by some rich individual that is never or rarely ever seen or known.
Jobu
Jobu

Back to top Go down

Post  Tremere Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:00 am

Exactly right. Though there might eventually be some form of outside contact. I mean real Prisoners of War are allowed to write letters, jsut their captors get to read them and edit them as they please. But eventually there will need to be a reason why new wrestlers are being brought in so that will be dealt with on a case by case basis.

Tremere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Jobu Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:19 am

Ok, I think I've asked enough and gotten the required feedback. I hate walking into a situation and assuming anything, so I wanted to get those questions out there, not only for myself, but so others don't make the same mistakes that are far fetched or out of bounds in RP.

That being said, I suggest a Sticky thread somewhere with all these rules and regulations in a FAQ manner. =]
Jobu
Jobu

Back to top Go down

Post  Tremere Sun Nov 04, 2007 1:02 pm

Thanks for the suggestion. Since you are acive on the board already I will entrust helping me come up with a clear cut explanation and then I will sticky it so that everybody knows.

Tremere
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Wrestling God Tue Nov 06, 2007 3:33 pm

I was going to ask the exact same question, lol. Thanks anyway Smile.
Wrestling God
Wrestling God

Back to top Go down

Post  Jobu Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:18 pm

Just a quick note to hopefully keep some things organized.

While in the RP section? Keep it strictly RP! No OOC comments, or posts.
While in the OOC threads and sections? You guessed it! Don't post RP or in character things, boasting like you are in character, etc.

I made a few suggestions to Tremere about organizing these forums, and getting all of these threads/sections put together better. This way there is no mistake as to what threads are for RP and what should be OOC.

Also, if you plan to RP with someone, or alone? Try to give it some detail or spice. I'm not saying write a novel, but it's to know what your character is thinking or on his mind. It gives us all some more insight into your character. While in RP with someone else, or trying to RP with someone else, be sure not to speak or act for them unless you know ahead of time what you and another person plan to try to accomplish. At the same time, try to leave RP open to others to interact, or add to something you do. Try to have fun with it, but don't be ridiculous at the same time!

I hope this clears some things up for some of you, and maybe gives you some more ideas to post on or about.

The more you perform and show your ability to perform and be creative, the better chance you have to be re-signed to another and possibly even better contract here in P.O.W.! Very Happy

- Jobu Twisted Evil
Jobu
Jobu

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum