Prisoners of Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

P.O.W. Belts, champions and contenders

+13
BLOOD
MooshLooLoo
TheZombie
American
Zurki
Foxhound
Macem
BigEvil
KaniMafia
Wrestling God
Jobu
LeonBraX
Tremere
17 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

P.O.W. Belts, champions and contenders - Page 2 Empty Re: P.O.W. Belts, champions and contenders

Post  Jobu Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:55 am

Ravencrow wrote:Going into the new season and I'm curious. What is the standings for the titles going to be? If we are going by the rankings based on the Forum list, then we have a problem. Our KOTY champion outranks our World champion. Once again leaving the new or lower level players with nothing. It doesn't seem like much to those in contention but for those of us not ranked 1-8, doesn't seem like there's much to go for. Wouldn't it make more sense to have Jobu and Zombie fight to unify the belts they own into one, and created a second belt (Thought there used to be a Big Dog or something, though that may be what the tag became but since tag doesn't count as a title). My thought would be to have a belt for 1-20(BD), 20-40 (KOTY), 40+ (World)

Well I think the question then becomes what route do we want to go? Do we want to go with realistic or 'it's a game, just take the title from Zombie'. Realistically, if someone was a champ for so long, in a wrestling federation? You wouldn't just take the title from them. They would be free to challenge the next person upward or something, but not have their title stripped from them. Or do we do this as a 'game' and say "tough luck Zombie, give someone else a chance!". Even unifying them isn't the logical thing to do. Since if the title Zombie has still has to be brought back for others to compete for, so it's never truly unified to anything. One possibility would be to have Tremere face Zombie, to try and beat him and should Tremere win the title would be put back into circulation.

The one thing Crux said that is really on point is the Big Dog title situation. We did just have that tournament last month. And it was defended a few weeks back, lol. So yes the title is still around.
Jobu
Jobu

http://legacy-game.net

Back to top Go down

P.O.W. Belts, champions and contenders - Page 2 Empty Re: P.O.W. Belts, champions and contenders

Post  Guest Tue Apr 29, 2008 11:10 am

Jobu
The problem with having Tremere fight Zombie is, based on wrestler score, the advantage goes to Zombie. So, assuming a fair fight, it's not just possible, but probable, that it accomplishes nothing. I would suggest that if we were just stripping, there should be an RP reason, like unable to defend the belt (due to injury or solitary or something). The other downside to a simple strip is that you have to decide where to put the belt now. My personal suggestion would be to let Demonoid get the shot he's been wanting with Zombie, then have Tremere declare Demonoid the winner. I doubt he'll manage to hold it very long, but that was kind of the whole point, to put the belt back in play. Plus, Demonoid as KOTY is funny as hell.

Raven Crow
I'd really prefer we not just pull numbers out of the air (or out of the shadow in your case). I'm assuming your ranges were in wrestler score, so 1-20 wouldn't be a good range since our lowest guy is 15.8k. We also only have one guy over 40k, so he'd have nobody to defend against.

Back to top Go down

P.O.W. Belts, champions and contenders - Page 2 Empty Re:Titles

Post  Ravencrow Tue Apr 29, 2008 3:58 pm

Eirik

Yes I was referring to the Wrestler Score, I should have made that more clear. There were rumors going around that TWG were looking into setting strict belt rules based of wrestler score, where the roster would be divided up by score.

Jobu

The reason I suggested unifying title is to be fair to you and Zombie. Neither wrestler should be stripped of their title. They earned it. However it's plausible to unify the titles, which has been done in many titles throughout time (7 titles in Japan were combined into one, WWE unified all the WWE and WCW titles, boxing has done it many times as well)

In the end it does come down to the route we want to take. I'm just throwing out suggestions that may or may not help the fed get more involved. I'm not looking to take anything away from anyone.

Ravencrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Tremere Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:10 pm

1. I can't be the Zombie. This is empirical fact. Our fights go the exact same way everytime. We both remain in green as he can't hit me and I can't hurt him. Then eventually his adrenaline get up and he hits me with an Epic Finisher and I go down like a box of rocks. Just so it's on the record.

2. In most sports unifications are done as two organizations merge, it's not done so there is more room at the bottom, the comparison simply doesn't work here.

3. I'm not entirely opposed to the idea of a Jobu vs Zombie match up to somehow open up the mid-teir belt. We just need to find away that isn't punishment because the idea isn't that they've done anything wrong. The problem we hit is that they've been too sucessful.

We can pitch around some ideas though.

Tremere
Admin

https://prisonersofwrestling.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum