Prisoners of Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Title Contention Ranges.

5 posters

Go down

Title Contention Ranges. Empty Title Contention Ranges.

Post  Jobu Tue Apr 22, 2008 12:12 am

I just posted in our GM section, about the ranges of the 3 titles, and who should be allowed to compete for them.

I know, to me, it seems unfair to prevent anyone from challenging for any title, as long as there is decent roleplay, and the title holder is open to it. Plus as we have all seen in this game, that anything can indeed happen. I have been beat by some low end wrestlers on TWG, though not often.

At the same time, it seems like the lower tier players should really have a title they can all hope to have a good shot at. So we will see how our GM discussion goes. What I want to know is how you guys feel about certain restrictions like this?

Post please! >=]
Jobu
Jobu

http://legacy-game.net

Back to top Go down

Title Contention Ranges. Empty Re: Title Contention Ranges.

Post  Mayem Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:31 am

everything is fine for me. To be a title holder or just even a contender isnīt that much important to me.

That doesnīt mean I wouldnīt try.
Mayem
Mayem

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:10 am

While i personally don't define my character based on titles, the problem is if you have NO range on them you lost alot of people from RPing title feuds and such and the Higher ups here dont seem that active on the boards for the most part.

if NO levels on the belts they lose any sense of identity too for example you never see Undertaker go for the "U.S belt" why? because its below him and means nothing to a guy his stature.. whereas new blood trying to get a push or a midcarder trying to escape to main eventer carry the strap for a extra push.

Win or lose you'd think Zombie be hunting you for the most prestigious belt rather than settling for 2nd best.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 22, 2008 11:40 am

Ranges on belts feel a bit artificial, but not sure how else you separate the belts. Otherwise, the belts just form into one blob.

While I have no interest, it seems a lot of players actually want a belt. The title hunt could provide a source of RP for people who don't particularly have a reason for feuding elsewhere. Right now, for most of us, there's really no chance of even being in a good fight with the champs, much less winning.

The problem with this is before we can put cutoffs, we have to have a way of rating wrestlers. Simply going by wrestler level isn't a good idea, because it's not a good predictor of power. As an example, I'm L8 and was looking for a random match and saw a +32 diff L7. We don't want to encourage level sitting. Leveling up gives more stars and thus better show ratings.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jobu Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:23 pm

Right, I know there is a lot to consider, hence looking for as much input as possible.

I feel that the titles should serve some purpose, and be sought after. I know putting some restrictions on who can compete for what is kind of artificial, that's how I feel. But I think it should mostly be one-sided. Those that are lower on the ladder should be allowed to compete for any title. Those above, however, should be restricted from competing too far below, so not to make things impossible. The Undertaker reference was excellent, by the way. Because it's true. I have no right, or no reason really to go after the BD title. The only reason I could have to 'maybe' go after someone with the KOTY title, would be over a feud, or if I fell too low in the level/stats/points mix (or was passed by too many).

I know Zombie hasn't had that title for too-too long, and he has already faced me a short time back and lost. So he might be finding his place where he is at, and hasn't really been challenged by too many. So I think he is where he belongs right now.

What I am proposing is breaking the title contention down by points, for now:

30000 Points and up? P.O.W. Heavyweight Championship.
20000 - 30000 Points? King of the Yard Championship.
20000 Points and under? Big Dog Championship.

The Tag Titles are still fair game to all, since if you have the right team, a high and low level mix team could still do well. Or there is the possibility of making a second set of tag titles, since they don't show up on our roster anyway.

And the stipulation would be that anyone below any champion, can still challenge upward. As long as there is some roleplay involved.
Jobu
Jobu

http://legacy-game.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 22, 2008 2:39 pm

If part of a feud with good RP and a reason i think we fight who we fight.. If i was to come up to you in the cafeteria throw your food on the ground and spit in your face, wouldnt make sense not to fight me. but if i happened to have a low belt at the time,you would stomp my head in but NOT for the belt that is a separate thing entirely really..(and thats not the big guy picking on the little guy,its the little guy being stupid lol)

as far as challenging upwards if no "limits" set i think people have to be reasonable when asking,to avoid demonoid,raven,myself etc (just giving examples based on our levels no offense to anyone i list) wasting your matches on defenses vs us ,but more importantly so people who are legitimately in the title picture dont have 4weeks to wait simply because we all RPd trying to get a title shot.

Back to top Go down

Title Contention Ranges. Empty Re: Titles

Post  Ravencrow Tue Apr 22, 2008 6:43 pm

A thought.

When you strip away points, levels, and seniority, you are left with what this is really all about. A federation (prison or not) that is run by a solid staff. In any federation it is, and to most cases should be, the boss(es) who determine who gets a shot. For example, let's say 4 different guys are in contention. However GuyA works harder than GuyB on roleplays, segments, etc. Management should approach him and the champ and say Hey guys, we'd like to see you in a program and see how it goes. The match is just the end result, the belt bragging rights. Like I said, just a thought.

Ravencrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Apr 22, 2008 8:12 pm

Wrestler score can be manipulated, but I'm not sure what better metric we have for ranking. I would, however, suggest moving the 20000 mark between BD and KOTY upward a bit. We currently only have 9 inmates under 20k and 3 of those are in the 19s. So, could be down to 6 in a day or two.

If we set the cutoffs to 31k and 26k, then we'd have 7 people eligible for heavyweight, 13 for KOTY and all others BD. There will still be people without much hope of winning a belt, but the only way to fix that would be to add another 5 belts or so.

Back to top Go down

Post  Tremere Tue Apr 22, 2008 10:05 pm

I think that wrestler score is our best best bet at this particular moment. The fact is that there really isn't a fair way of making the tiers. What's more is that eventually Vik is going to take it out of our hands.

Here are the official rules in TWG per Vik/Tullo/Max. I mention them all because I don't know which of them made the rule. I've never seen Max respond to ANYTHING on any of the forums and Tullo's english is so broken that it can be difficult to figure out what he means.

Anyway now that I'm through being a jerk. The OFFICIAL rules are that the top belt for a fed can only be competed for by the top 10 wrestlers this is measured by fans btw.
The second belt is 5-20 and the botton belt is 15-50.

I don't need to go into all of the reasons why that system sucks. I only mention it here because I want everybody to understand that just like that elimination chamber match (or pick anything else that's been promised to us) it might be tomorrow that this rule is put into effect, and it might be so far in the future that we'll have all stopped playing by the time it happens. There is no way to know.

That said I think that we are best off with score, and hopefully limiting the range of the belts will keep them from gathering at the top.

Tremere
Admin

https://prisonersofwrestling.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  demonoid phenomenon Thu Apr 24, 2008 11:33 am

I agree with the scores atm. But as for roleplaying, Some of us can be really strong and active rpgs and others not but have really really high scores and not enough log in time. Or are really missing a creative element and lack imagination to some of there posts. Take Jobu for instance, he could hold the belt forever just beating people up, but if I was awarded a title shot, I would get creamed. I think the belts should be left to chance for character close to each other in stats, unless there are some that arent active in discussions and creating an active rpg environment for there character.# of posts to an instance and creativity should be judged by all the peers and given a percentage of winning like a dice roll based on those votes in cases where its extremely lopsided to ecourage more activity from players to want to get a title shot. Making everyone eligble in special instances and widening the range for crazy possibilites. Example would be rey mysterio winning the heavyweight belt from the likes of a guy like the bigshow(sorry for the real wrestling insert). But they also have to have a minimum amount of posts in rpg and amount of time within the fed to be considered for a special Instance. Just a thought.
demonoid phenomenon
demonoid phenomenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down