Prisoners of Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Title Vs Team items.

4 posters

Go down

Title Vs Team items. Empty Title Vs Team items.

Post  Guest Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:10 am

In speaking to Tremere he mentioned the original Idea was not to have belts but to have Items you could win for the good of your faction. some examples he gave were a cell phone so could call family,friends etc (RP only obviously) .. a better spot in the cafeteria with real food... things that for Storyline make sense in a prison as "rewards" and would benefit your entire faction.. *again people would have to make an effort to RP these advantages*

Personally i think that'd inspire more active/better RP as it involves more people. On the other hand i think people like to have shiny gold so i suggested maybe just small tournaments for these items and leave the belts intact so everyone is happy..Also if the "items" simply replaced belts there is still NO incentive for any of us below level 10 to bother RPing trying to get them as the titles are pretty well locked up.. I have no problem that Jobu has the title (so dont misread this) but whether it's a belt or a cell phone i KNOW i cant beat him so why get my head bashed in?

that's why i think leaving the titles in and just RPing these other items would be good give the lower guys something to shoot for.. Well i post this hear as Tremere wanted to hear what others thought too so speak up give some input for what you'd enjoy.

Last edited by Scott Portis on Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:56 am; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Title Vs Team items. Empty Re: Title Vs Team items.

Post  Minotauro Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:27 am

I think that we could stay with the titles but in order to do a more competitive brand we should do tournaments divided in level groups in order to get those important items...If I won a cell phone it will develop my RP a lot since Minotauro really wants to talk with his father...
Minotauro
Minotauro

Back to top Go down

Title Vs Team items. Empty Re:titles/items

Post  Ravencrow Sat Apr 19, 2008 10:37 am

Although I agree that the items would benefit RP and storylines in the forums, I think there should be a better overall ranking system for titles in general. High level guys have earned their spots, no question about that. There is a strap to prove it, the World Title. But for newcomers to the fed, there definitly needs to be more incentive. We come to feds in order to raise our fans while we raise our stats, but having more items available would not only improve low level chars popularity and fan support, which in turn helps the fed, but also gives them a reason to get actively involved in storylines.

If you look at the application/rules for the fed it clearly states you must be active for shows and forums to be successful. Yet how many times do we see the same people submitting for the shows, but are non-existant in the forums? I don't believe that just because you've made a name for yourself, that you should be allowed to coast through a federation like Hulk Hogan, only doing PPV and the occassional show cameos. Meanwhile, there have been a decent number of new people working hard on the forums and submitting segments, that will never get high enough, fast enough, to attain any sense of accomplishment because they are still trying to build their support.

Tournaments for the "rewards" is a great idea, but how do you decide which level range will go for which item. Obviously a tournament with everyone will not work unless it's highly edited. Damian Darkside vs Don Capone would never be the final match lol.

Ravencrow

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:19 am

I dont think anyone with a strap needs to be in the tourney what would be the incentive for them? Having gold already gets you perks,and cronnies. think make a range of items.. if say for example you put "private wing in the prison" that to me is a big perk let the higher guys in on it.. if something smaller like "better food in the cafeteria" make that the mid level guys as jobu i'm sure already gets better food so why would be bother to enter it,and zombie just eats brains so the champs have no use for it anyway.. maybe some smaller things like one free phone call each to the low guys isnt quite on par with having your own cell phone,but most people in prision gladly take ONE phone call.

i think to make it work it'd need to hear more voices on it and have a committe to decide items and what levels are eligible ,problem is even when asked for an opinion alot of people just want to coast and complain yet do nothing to fix what they think is broken.

Tremere seems quite willing to work with people so if have ideas why not post them? this is the area to do just that. whether its about titles,the ranking system,an angle you'd like to try,changes youd like to see,just what you generally DO or DON'T like here.. He cant work with you if you dont speak up.. Post it here and not PM as he has plenty to deal with running a fed already w/o being buried in messages and posting it here allows more people to comment on the same things in 1 thread to keep it neat.

Back to top Go down

Post  Wonderwall Sat Apr 19, 2008 11:25 am

Strange, I've been thinking something like that a few days ago. That's also why I RP'd my character looking for cigarettes and beer, as if they're something of a rare commodity you can get only the illegal way. I'm not so familiar with the federation system and all, but strictly through an RP view, when you're in a high security prison, it definately makes more sense fighting for a more decent meal than for a leather and golden belt. Plus, I think this could give a whole new flair to the federation, like Tremere making the prisoners' lives a living hell, push them to their limits, then have them fight like wild beasts for a simple pack of cigarettes. Might make it more interesting, definately more realistic and dramatic, focusing on the inhumanity of being locked in a prison. Then again, just a thought..
Wonderwall
Wonderwall

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Apr 19, 2008 2:34 pm

I can see why people would want certain perks. The belts though, what are they for? I'm pretty sure they'd last about a day in prison before being turned into weapons. I'm not saying we should or shouldn't have belts, just that it's very hard to figure out why anyone would want them from a RP perspective. Well, unless you actually are planning to shank someone with your championship.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jobu Sat Apr 19, 2008 7:15 pm

Well first off, before some get confused, while this is a prison atmosphere? This isn't a normal full fledge prison, that just happens to have a wrestling federation within it. This is an old unused prison, that was refurbished to house dangerous people, with the intent to force them to fight for survival, perks, and the possibility of freedom. All the competitors within the prison were brought here against their will. So we are writing all this to make it seem like some underground fighting establishment, that you get what you earn.

The titles were to come with some of these perks you are mentioning as well. If you read way back into our shows, I used to roleplay that aspect a lot, on the shows and on the forums. I mean, in prisons those that rise to the top, or are seen as those with power, those who dominate, they are granted or command perks. Better treatment from the guards, better housing, better meals, even the ability to have items brought into the prison for you. With those kinds of guidelines, and keeping with avoiding the ridiculous? You could really write some creative stuff. I see no reason why we couldn't hold tournaments for other such perks, or have match consequences involve positive items or instances.

The last step would be for us to set guidelines and restrictions on qualifications to compete/hold certain titles. I wanted to make the Big Dog title something for lower levels to achieve. The King of the Yard title would clearly be the middle belt, and the Heavyweight title would be the top of the line, for the tougher guys to fight for. In matches on TWG, I've been beaten by those that have a lot less stats than I do though. So there is always the chance for someone seemingly weaker to unseat a a champion that appears tough. Also with this, therew would need to be a limit that low stat/level players wouldn't be eligible to compete for a title, thus pushing them to level up and get stronger. I mean, this game isn't that difficult to move up in, so there is no reason people should be at 15000 points for too long, ya know? Keeping with that, w also know your points can decrease with enough losses, possibly dsropping you down to a different bracet.

The other GMs and I will work on setting up specific limits on the titles, and what level/stats/points can compete for them.

And the more input the better. =]
Jobu
Jobu

http://legacy-game.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down