Prisoners of Wrestling
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Submission Format (What to Submit!)

2 posters

Go down

Submission Format (What to Submit!) Empty Submission Format (What to Submit!)

Post  jbt Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:04 pm

Hi all,

Below I would like to present to each of you a method that is useful in assisting with the format of submission posts for P.O.W. federation shows. If you believe there are other items that can be added to this, or things that can be changed, feel free to PM me and let me know.

When you are creating a submission for a show, the following items will assist both you and the 'show squad' with making sure that your submission appears correctly in that show:

1) Subject: Always put the show name and date in your subject, as well as your name (or group name if necessary).

2) If your submission has multiple parts, please label each part in this manner:

SEGMENT <1> : Title of submission part
SEGMENT <n> : Title of submission part

...with 1 to n being the number of parts in the overall submission.

3) With regard to the 'reason' for SEGMENT <n>, etc., the following items will better explain:

If you have something you want to run before a specific match, put a tag before it like - SEGMENT <NAME> - BEFORE <NAME'S> MATCH. (Do the same if you want to run something right after a specific match).

If you want to run something that occurs as interference with a match, then put a tag before it like - SEGMENT <NAME> - INTEREFERE WITH <NAME'S> MATCH.

If you have a segment that might change dependent upon whether you win or lose (or someone else you're interacting with wins or loses) a match, then put a branch in. Basically, like this - SEGMENT <NAME> - IF <NAME> WINS MATCH THEN THIS (blah blah blah blah) IF <NAME> LOSES MATCH THEN THIS (blah blah blah blah)

4) Your format submissions themselves should be in the following delivery method:

-
Joe wrestler runs down to the ring, slamming into the side of the ring and bouncing off. He holds his head and mutters to himself.
-
Joe wrestler: "Ouch. How stupid am I? That really hurt!!!"
-
Turning around, Joe wrestler drops his hands to his side as George wrestler slams into him on his way down into the ring.
-
George wrestler: "Look out! Idiot!"
-
--WHAM--
-
Joe wrestler: "On noes! Not again!"
-
George wrestler: "What a nightmare. I can't believe you're my tag partner!"
-
Both wrestlers stand beside the ring in a daze.
-

You'll notice a few things about the above submission post information. One, there is a hyphen (-) between every line. We do this to help separate and keep the flow of the text throughout the show. Two, the wrestlers' spoken words are actually on a line all by themselves. They flow in this format (wrestler's name: "blah blah blah"). This is the standard format for TWG that we are looking to follow. Third, all actions are also on a separate line themselves. We look to keep this in this format so that it is standard with the matches and TWG. Don't worry too much about colors. We have a file that we keep ourselves which we use for various text colors for each wrestler in the federation.

Things like this will help us to better generate the overall flow of a show as well, and will also allow us to minimize the errors that we make while putting shows together.

Thanks.

- jbt
jbt
jbt

Back to top Go down

Submission Format (What to Submit!) Empty Re: Submission Format (What to Submit!)

Post  Jobu Tue Apr 22, 2008 1:55 pm

Excellent stuff! Thanks Taggert!

As many of you should have seen by now, we try to edit ALL segments that are sent to us, to look just like the sample in the above post. It helps give the show a uniform look, and now to scrambled and mismatched.

If you have any questions about this template example, please post up somewhere about it and we will address your issues.
Jobu
Jobu

http://legacy-game.net

Back to top Go down